Find Your Smith Mountain Lake Vacation
Sign Up to Join Our Mailing List
Smith Mountain Lake Vacation Rentals
Your Vacation Destination Starts Here
Welcome... to Smith Mountain Lake in beautiful south western Virginia.
Vacations in Smith Mountain Lake, Va
Smith Mountain Lake provides a much-needed respite from the hectic pace of the workday world. If your idea of a vacation is to relax and enjoy long summer days and warm nights then this is the perfect place for you. The easy ambiance and laid back lifestyle will allow your loved ones and you to destress and refresh, all while spending quality time together. It's true what they say - lake life is the best life. There's a reason Smith Mountain Lake is called The Jewel of The Blue Ridge, and once you experience it you'll want to come back year after year.
- Weather in Smith Mountain Lake, VA - The weather in Smith Mountain Lake averages 83 degrees in the summer and 35 in the winter. The area actually gets very little snow, with less than 15 inches annually.
- Smith Mountain Lake Water Temperature - Water temperatures of course vary by water depth, but you can expect averages of 81 degrees in the summer, 67 in the fall, 43 in the winter and 58 in the summer.
Things to do at Smith Mountain Lake
The hardest decision you'll have to make after arriving at this laid back haven? Which of the many relaxing activities you'll try out while you're here!
- Fishing - As it tends to happen when you have access to 20,000 acres of water, fishing is one of the most popular pastimes here.
- Watersports - Try your hand at wakeboarding or go for a guided parasailing adventure. Rent a boat and drive out to a deserted cove to take a dip... you can't go wrong with 500 miles of shoreline and 20,000 acres of water.
- Waterfront Dining - There are over 15 waterfront restaurants with excellent views and even better food. Sit back and relax while your favorite dishes are served to the tune of a sunset on the lake.
- Vineyards - The Blue Ridge Region is home to many wineries, like Books Mill Winery and Chateau Morrisette. In fact, the area's most popular event is the Smith Mountain Lake Wine Festival which is held in September each year.
- Smith Mountain Lake Park - Smith Mountain Lake State Park offers trails, boat ramps and a public beach.
- Hiking - Smith Mountain Lake State Park offers several trails ranging from easy to moderate hikes. Check out some of our favorite hikes in the area.
Smith Mountain Lake House Rentals
We can help you find the perfect spot for your ideal Smith Mountain Lake vacation. We offer a curated selection of lakefront cabins, cottages, and luxury homes to accommodate family and friends. Our two to five bedroom lake houses offer the amenities you're searching for, like private pools, docks and pet friendly spaces. Browse our properties now.