Find Your Cape May Vacation
Sign Up to Join Our Mailing List
Cape May Vacation Rentals
Your Vacation Destination Starts Here
Are you ready for your next vacation? Call us at 609-884-1007 and get your dream vacation on the calendar.
Cape May is a whole lot of fun packed into a quaint and sophisticated resort. A vacation to Cape May, NJ can mean anything from a fun-filled, action-packed weekend to a relaxing getaway in a home overlooking the ocean. As Cape May locals, we've got all the details on which attractions to visit, what to do in your free time and where to stay.
Cape May Attractions
- Cape May Beaches: Cape May is a beach-lover's paradise. You can come to Cape May for a week and explore a new strip of sand and ocean each day. Some beaches you'll want to check out? Higbee Wildlife Management Area, Sunset Beach, Cape May Point, Cape May State Park, City of Cape May, The Cove, Broadway, Grant Street, Congress Street, Steger's Beach, Decatur Street, Jefferson Street, Queen Street, Madison, Philidelphia, Reading, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Brooklyn and Poverty Beach.
- Cape May Lighthouse: The Cape May lighthouse is over 150 years old! With a small entrance fee you can climb the lighthouse and tour the visitors center.
- Washington Street Mall: The Washington Street Mall is the perfect place to go shopping in Cape May, NJ. You can enjoy a huge selection of shops, boutiques and restaurants in an open air setting.
- Emlen Physick Estate: Take a time machine back to the Victorian era when you tour this gorgeous estate built in 1879.
- Historic Cold Spring Village: This living history village is dedicated to the first years of American independence.
- Nature Center of Cape May: Located in Cape May Harbor, the Nature Center of Cape May offers an observation deck with panoramic views of the harbor, an aquaria with local marine life and natural history artifacts, monthly exhibits, programs, and children's activities.
Things to do in Cape May
Cape May has so much to see and do - you're sure to find an activity to suit everyone in the family. Hitting the beach to swim and soak up the sun is a favorite past time. If you go to the beach, be on the lookout for "Cape May Diamonds" - a smooth quartz stone that washes up on shore throughout the area. Sunset Beach is especially known for the amount of Cape May Diamonds that wash ashore. Another favorite area activity is fishing. You'll find a ton of local charter companies who will set you up with everything you need to catch the big one.
What to do when you're not enjoying the sand between your toes? Cape May is home to mouth-watering restaurants, excellent shopping and absolutely gorgeous Victorian houses. Spend some time shopping at Washington Street Mall - you'll love the quaint boutiques and local shops. You can find beach inspired souvenirs and even make your own custom tanning lotion. If you're looking to sit back and relax we suggest taking a trolley tour to learn more about Cape May's history and culture.
A Cape May trip isn't complete without touring our vineyards! The long tradition of farming in the area introduced several vineyards to the area. Explore Cape May Winery, Hawk Haven Winery, Willow Creek Winery, Jessie Creek Winery and Natali Vineyards.
Vacation Rentals in Cape May, NJ
Cape May offers a beautiful mix of private vacation homes and condo rentals to suit your needs. There are many considerations when picking a Cape May vacation home. For example, would you like to stay bayfront, beachfront or downtown? Will you need a pet friendly rental or a handicap accessible home? At Long & Foster, we offer over 175 Cape May vacation rentals and you can easily find the perfect rental on our site. Browse our properties now or give us a call to speak with a reservationist.
Plan Your Cape May Vacation with Long & Foster
We've been helping vacationers find the perfect Cape May accommodations since 2005. Whether you are looking to enjoy a fun-filled family vacation, a romantic beach getaway, or relaxing resort retreat, our professional team of agents is here to help.
Our Cape May Offices: We are located at 501 Lafayette Street, just one block away from the downtown area. Parking is provided in our lot, which is located on Bank Street directly behind the office. Our location is most desirable if you want to avoid the downtown traffic and parking congestion. It's fast and easy – a great feature during those hectic summer Saturdays!