Best Holiday Activities in New Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland
Posted by Long & Foster | Wednesday, November 24, 2021
The holidays are always a special time of year with the weather cooling down and lights filling corners of every town. In the Mid-Atlantic, you can feel the joy filling the air from November through January as locals and visitors alike take in all of the festivities to celebrate the past year and upcoming one. Start planning your trip today and find your perfect vacation rental to spread some Christmas cheer with these best holiday activities in New Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland.
New Jersey Holiday Activities
- Free Horse & Carriage Rides, Ocean City: Take a ride on a horse drawn carriage through the Ocean City streets every Saturday and Sunday through November, December, and early January. The rides are free and run from noon-3pm at 6th & Asbury Ave.
Swingin' Through The Holidays, Ocean City: This annual holiday extravaganza is great for the whole family including singing, dancing, special effects, and amazing costumes. This event takes place at Ocean City Music Pier and tickets are $15-$18 and showtimes run through the weekend of December 10th-12th.
Family Holiday Celebration & Tree Lighting Ceremony, Wildwood: On December 11th, join a free family-fun event at the Wildwoods Convention Center with face-painting, crafts, movies, and lots of holiday fun. Starting at 9am, there will be magicians, dancing performances, and more all topped off with a tree lighting ceremony at 4:30pm.
- New Year's Eve Fireworks, Sea Isle City: What could be more amazing than a fantastic fireworks show right on the beach? Sea Isle City promises to show out and welcome in the New Year in style with an extravagant fireworks display. Pick a spot along JFK Blvd. Beach and enjoy the show on New Year's Eve at midnight!
Delaware Holiday Events
- Holiday Happenings, Bethany Beach: Saturday, December 4th will be filled with Christmas cheer and fun during Holiday Happenings in Bethany Beach. Join a children's book signing in the morning and party with Santa in the afternoon. Local children's author will sign their book and answer questions at 10:30am at the Nature Center followed by a party at Town Hall with Santa, trolley & tractor rides, and air brush body art from 1-4pm. Finally the event will be capped off with a tree lighting at 5pm to officially welcome in the holiday.
- Winter WonderFest, Rehoboth Beach: Drive over to this incredible drive-thru light show in the heart of Delaware. Tickets are $20 Monday-Wednesday and only $25 Thursday-Sunday and you'll get to drive through an amazing light display to brighten your heart this Christmas season. The light show is available nightly through January 2nd and it's only a 30 minute drive from Rehoboth Beach in Milton, Delware.
- Dame Edna's New Year's Eve Party, Rehoboth Beach: At the Milton Theater, you can find the party of the year and next one with Dame Edna's New Year's Eve Party. Tickets are $25 for this hilarious and fun show and party to welcome in 2022 with the legendary Dame Edna impersonator, Scott Mason who was chosen as her Honorary Understudy in 2010 on Broadway. Always a great time for all, enjoy some drinks and side-splitting comedy and ring in the new year with a laugh!
Maryland Holiday Events
- Winterfest of Lights, Ocean City: This annual event is a walk-thru holiday light spectacle with a longer path route for 2021! Enjoy thousands of holiday lights along a paved path in Northside Park every Wednesday-Sunday until January 1st. Admission is only $5 and free for children 11 and under, you can even bring your pet on Wednesday evenings!
Eastport Yacht Club Lights Parade, Annapolis: Make your way to the Annapolis Harbor on Saturday, December 11th for a unique take on Christmas parades. The Eastport Yacht Club Lights Parade features boats trolling along the water all light up with incredible lights and displays to put you in the Christmas spirit. The event kicks off at 6pm so just find a spot along the waterfront and watch the lights sail by!
- NYE Fireworks, Ocean City: Kick of 2022 with fireworks erupting from Northside Park and celebrate new beginnings. The light show promises to amaze and dazzle and it’s free to join in on the fun! Just bring a chair, pick a spot, and enjoy.
Cozy Up & Enjoy the Holiday Season by Booking Your Vacation Rental Today!
There are so many things to love about holidays in the Mid-Atlantic and each state and city offers something unique and fun so you can find the perfect spot to enjoy a holiday getaway. With everything from large, private homes to bring your extended family or smaller accommodation for a romantic getaway, browse through our vacation rentals to find what works best for you. Vacation rentals come fully equipped with kitchens to cook your holiday favorites and high-speed internet to get some work done while you’re away, everything you need to unwind and relax in New Jersey, Delaware, or Maryland!
- Best Of Annapolis (8)
- Best Of Avalon Stone Harbor (5)
- Best Of Bethany Beach (7)
- Best Of Cape May (5)
- Best Of Dewey Beach (5)
- Best Of Fenwick Island (4)
- Best Of Lewes (6)
- Best Of Longport Vicinity (3)
- Best Of Ocean City Md (10)
- Best Of Ocean City Nj (4)
- Best Of Rehoboth Beach (6)
- Best Of Sea Isle City (5)
- Best Of Smith Mountain Lake (6)
- Best Of The East Coast (9)
- Best Of Wildwood (5)