Ocean City, MD Area Info
Located on Maryland’s Eastern Shore, Ocean City is a year round resort on the Atlantic Ocean with ten miles of white sandy beaches, three miles of oceanfront boardwalk, and boasts everything you could want in your vacation getaway.
Initially a sleepy little fishing town, after the inlet was cut during a storm last century, the town blossomed to a first class vacation destination with something for everyone. Park your car and travel the island via the local bus service, with daily passes available.
There's always something to do in Ocean City, including:
- Shopping: From antiques to outlets, Ocean City is a shopper's paradise. Find out more about Ocean City shopping.
- Eating: Forget that diet - you're on vacation! Stop for a bite to eat at some of Ocean City's most famous landmarks, like Fisher's famous Caramel Popcorn, Thrashers French Fries, and Dollies Salt Water Taffy & Candy Kitchen. Find out more about dining in Ocean City.
- Exploring: Catch sight of dolphins and whales on an eco-friendly cruise or take a walking tour of the city's historic district. For the more adventurous, Assateague Island is just 9 miles away and offers camping, boating, fishing, and - of course - the world-famous wild ponies. Find out more about exploring Ocean City.
- Golfing: Ocean City has more than 17 championship golf courses, including Eagle's Landing, one of the nation's top ten municipal golf courses. It also hosts the annual Ocean City Celebrity Golf Classic. Find out more about Ocean City golf.
- Fishing: Known as the "White Marlin Capital of the World," bay and deep sea fishing is one of Ocean City 's most popular activities. Find out more about Ocean City fishing.
- The Boardwalk: With everything from shops and restaurants to arcades and amusement parks, the Boardwalk is unrivaled as Ocean City's main entertainment district. It's even been ranked the third best boardwalk in the nation. Find out more about the Boardwalk in Ocean City.
- Relaxing: Despite its many attractions, Ocean City's main appeal is its ten luxurious miles of white sand beaches. What better way to spend the day than with your feet up, listening to the relaxing sound of the ocean from the balcony or patio of your Ocean City beach rental? Find out more about relaxing in Ocean City.
Many beach towns shut down in the cooler months. Not Ocean City! With a year-round population of more than 8,000, the city remains active throughout the fall and winter, making an Ocean City vacation property an ideal get-away.