Long & Foster Pet Friendly Rentals Info
BETHANY BEACH: Dogs are banned from the boardwalk and beach from May 15 to Sept. 30. At other times, dogs must be on a leash and owners must clean up after them.
DEWEY BEACH: Dogs are allowed on the beach year-round, but there are limitations during the summer - roughly Memorial Day to Labor Day. Dogs then cannot be on the beach from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Dogs do not have to be leashed, but owners are required to clean up after their pets.
FENWICK ISLAND: Dogs are not allowed on the beach from May 1 to Sept. 30. At other times, dogs must be leashed and owners must clean up after them.
LEWES: Dogs are allowed on the beach at any time of the year except May 1-Sept. 30. During that time, dogs are allowed before 8am, or after 6:30pm. They must be on a leash, and owners must pick up after them.
REHOBOTH BEACH: Dogs are not allowed at any time on the boardwalk or the beach from May 1 to Sept. 30. Off season, dogs are allowed but must be leashed and owners must clean up after them.
SOUTH BETHANY: Dogs are not allowed on the beach from May 15 to Oct. 15. At other times, dogs must be leashed and owners must clean up after them.
STATE PARKS: Dogs are not allowed on beaches marked for swimming or surfing. They are allowed in areas designated for surf fishing vehicles, but must be leashed. Owners must clean up after their pets.MARYLAND RULES FOR DOGS
DEEP CREEK LAKE, MD PET RULES
• All pets must be licensed and have all required vaccinations, including a rabies vaccination.
• Pets must be leashed. Pets may be off-leash and under voice control while swimming in designated areas or hunting (with the appropriate permit).
• Pet owners must clean up after their pet. Waste disposal containers are available in most areas.
• Service animals are permitted in all pedestrian areas.
• Pets, with the exception of service animals, are not allowed in park buildings.
• Pets, with the exception of service animals, are not allowed in playgrounds.
• Pet owners must obey all park signs that prohibit the entry of pets into specific areas.
• Excessive barking is not permitted in any park area, especially during campground "quiet hours" (10:00 p.m.- 7:00 a.m.).
• Also, pets are allowed in outside areas of many local restaurants.
• Pets are allowed in Browning, Beckman and Garrett Camp Loops
• Pets are allowed on trails
• Pets are allowed in boat ramp area to board vessels
• Pets are allowed in Discovery Center parking area to access trails
• Pets are allowed to swim from shoreline in all areas except swimming beach, docks or fishing piers
• Pets are allowed in all day-use areas and lake (except for sandy portion of swimming beach area and aviary)
• Owners are responsible for curbing their pets. Pet waste stations are located throughout the park.
OCEAN CITY, MD RULES FOR DOGS
Animals are only allowed on the beach and boardwalk between October 1 and April 30. Any handler or owner of a dog must remove any waste deposited on public or private property not owned by the handler or owner in possession of said dog. Also, dogs must be kept on a leash when being walked in and around Ocean City.
During peak-season and year-round, a Dog Playground is available at 94th Street and bayside so your pet can let loose and enjoy their time in Ocean City.NEW JERSEY BEACH RULES FOR DOGS
New Jersey's beaches ban dogs generally from May 15 through September 15, but can vary from community to community. Having your dog on the beach during the summer can result in large fines.
AVALON : Dogs are not permitted on the Avalon beach, boardwalk, or dunes anytime between March 1st and September 30th.
LONGPORT: Dogs are permitted on the beach when the lifeguards are not present, roughly October 1 through May 1. Dogs must be leashed at all times.
Longport Dog Park
Hours: Sunrise to Sunset
Location: Ocean Drive and Somers Point Longport Blvd.
Owners are responsible for water and waste services.
MARGATE: Dogs are not permitted on the beaches of Margate.
Margate - Pet Ordinance
-Dogs must be leashed at all times. Fines in the amount of $100 -Dog must curb their waste. Fine in the amount of $100 -Dog must not bark to disturb the peace. Fine in the amount of $100 -No Dogs on beach during the summer. Permitted Oct 15 - May 15th
Dog Park - 400 N Argyle
Hours: 8am to Dusk
Fee: $30, must be a resident of Margate
Permit can be obtained through City Hall All Dogs must be tagged to enter the park.
Application can be found:
NORTH WILDWOOD: Dogs are not allowed on the beach from May 1st through October 1st. After October first dogs are permitted if leashed.
OCEAN CITY, NJ : Dogs are not permitted on the beach at any time from May 1 through September 30th, and are required to always be on a leash 6' or shorter. After September 30th, dogs are permitted.
STONE HARBOR : Dogs are not permitted on the beach June 1 through September 30. Dogs must be leashed at all times. Dogs are permitted on the beach between 80th and 84th Street from sunrise to 9 AM and from 6:00 PM until sunset. Dogs must be leashed.
SEA ISLE CITY: Dogs are permitted on the beach From October 1 through April 30.
VENTNOR - Pet Ordinance
Dogs must be registered with the city every year by Jan, 31st Fee is $9 for unneutered and 6 for neutered Dog must be on leash at all times Dog must be curb their waste Dogs are NOT allowed on boardwalk, ballfields, parks, playgrounds, or recreational areas.
Dogs on leashes are permitted on beach from Oct 1st to May 15th Fines for not following the rules will be subject to a $100 fine.VIRGINIA LAKE RULES FOR DOGS
SMITH MOUNTAIN LAKE PET RULES
Pets are allowed in all Virginia State Parks. State regulations prohibit pets on public swim beaches and in public facilities (bathhouses, visitor centers, park offices, restaurants, etc.), and pets must be confined or kept on a leash no longer than six feet and kept under supervision while in the park. Pets are not allowed in Smith Mountain Lake Community Beach Park.
Copyright © Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc.